Saturday, June 27, 2009

Y! Alert: The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com

Yahoo! Alerts
My Alerts

The latest from The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com


Lindsay Mannering: Michael Jackson Fashion: Which Decade Did He Wear Best? (PHOTOS, POLL) Top
He's bad, he's bad, and I know it. And the way he makes me feel, it really turns me on, and knocks me off my feet. And when I've been a victim of, a selfish kind of love, I remember the time when he held me like the river Jordan and asked me, 'Annie, are you OK?' Which was weird because my name is Lindsay. Regardless, I love Michael's music and I love, love, love the outfits. From the 70's fro to the 80's glove to the 90's jackets to the 2000's surgical mask, MJ's looks were always memorable and iconic. My favorite decade was the 90s-- what was yours? Take a look and vote. Read the Michael Jackson Big News page. *Follow Huffington Post Style on Twitter and become a fan of Huffington Post Style on Facebook * More on Michael Jackson
 
Most Americans Want Sotomayor On Court Top
A sizable majority of Americans want the Senate to confirm Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor, and most call her "about right" ideologically, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll. More on Sonia Sotomayor
 
Iraq Set To Seek Bids From Foreign Oil Companies Top
Iraq is poised to open its coveted oil fields to foreign companies this week for the first time in nearly four decades, a politically risky move in a country eager to shake off the stigma of occupation More on Iraq
 
Tom Gregory: Michael Jackson's Last Laugh Top
Michael Jackson's death will be a JFK-Elvis-Diana memory for decades. "I remember where I was, who I was with, and how I found out Michael Jackson died," will become part of the vernacular into the 22nd century. Modern technology allowed us to be intimate with Michael from afar, and now he is gone. Michael Jackson is dead. It's hard to grasp, like yellow not being a bright color. Celebrity death is tough on the public. Instinctually we want to run to help those we know and love, but with a famous person, all we can do is run to a television. It's a connected disconnected with emotional strings tied into a knot. When I heard Jackson was dead, I was knocked off center by the switch that occurred among millions of neurons in my brain. I just can't imagine Michael Jackson - dead. Like Diana's death twelve years ago, the cultural getting-used-to will take some time. I met Jackson twice, most recently at a Carousel of Hope Ball in Beverly Hills. He was timid and gracious but still bigger than life. We hugged the hug he probably had given to hundreds of thousands of fans. I told him I missed his performing, but he told me he was performing every time he stepped out of the house. As he stood there in his spangles and epaulets, it was easy to understood what he meant. Last December when I heard Jackson moved yards from my home, I was hopeful he might be reigniting his career. Surprisingly the infamous recluse had chosen the corner of Sunset Boulevard that most screams "I'm back!" I'd drive by his home daily, consistently amazed by the legions of die-hard fans camped across from his gate. Just days after Christmas I remember how simply normal I thought it was so see empty toy boxes poking out of his recycle bin - an ordinary holiday for an extraordinary American. By very late January Michael Jackson still had his Christmas wreaths hanging on his gates. It was slightly odd, so I made a video about it. Michael Jackson was in a neighborhood - I was not about to let him think that he wasn't part of our tribe. About three weeks after I put the video on OVGuide.com, a blocked call rang on my cell phone. "Hello, this is Tom," I said. All I heard in the receiver was the sound of my own voice playing from the video and a soft giggle. Then the voice said, "man, you're crazy." I laughed and asked who it was but all I heard was more giggling until the end of the video when I heard "thanks...crazy" and then the phone went dead. I made videos two and three , expecting I would tape number four on the pivotal Fourth of July date. I had planned to bring a reindeer and/or Santa along to help me plead my case for Jackson's Christmas wreaths coming down. I suspect Michael would have tuned in to see the fiasco I had invented. As it is, the Christmas wreaths that Michael might have left up for my silly videos got their real claim to fame by overtly hanging on his gates the day he died. As we fight the war on economic meltdown, terrorizing attacks, and common household germs, Jackson's shocking death reminds us to live life fully now. Time seemingly moves faster and faster ever year. Death is the end of the tracks. What will you do with your life if this is your last day? In Michael Jackson's case, he lived life out loud his own way, not because had the money, but because he knew none of us have time to waste. The painting below is by my pal, soap star Thom Bierdz. It seems more real to me today. More on Michael Jackson
 
Sarah Haskins: Target Women: Charm School Top
Vh1 makes a lot of money off of misbehavin' ladies shakin their thang and getting hammered on its reality shows. But fear not, fellow etiquette lovers, Vh1 is also providing a solution to the crass behavior so callously encouraged on 'Rock of Love Bus' and 'Real Chance At Love.' They have taken those females and placed them under the tutelage of Ricki Lake - a veritable Emily Post I am sure you agree. Then they live in a house together and learn the finer arts of charm. Also, they get shit-faced and bitch slap each other. You can check out a new "Target Women" segment every Thursday during "infoMania" at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Current TV .
 
U.S. And Russia Differ On Treaty For Cyberspace Top
The United States and Russia are locked in a fundamental dispute over how to counter the growing threat of cyberwar attacks that could wreak havoc on computer systems and the Internet. More on Russia
 

CREATE MORE ALERTS:

Auctions - Find out when new auctions are posted

Horoscopes - Receive your daily horoscope

Music - Get the newest Album Releases, Playlists and more

News - Only the news you want, delivered!

Stocks - Stay connected to the market with price quotes and more

Weather - Get today's weather conditions




You received this email because you subscribed to Yahoo! Alerts. Use this link to unsubscribe from this alert. To change your communications preferences for other Yahoo! business lines, please visit your Marketing Preferences. To learn more about Yahoo!'s use of personal information, including the use of web beacons in HTML-based email, please read our Privacy Policy. Yahoo! is located at 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.

No comments:

Post a Comment